Event receivers is will fire before action take place and after action take place.
Types of Event Receiver
There are two types of Event Receiver in SharePoint,
- Synchronous Event Receiver
- Asynchronous Event Receiver
Synchronous Event Receiver ( Before Event Receiver )
Synchronous will fire before action take place which means the data before commit inside database .
Asynchronous Event Receiver( After Event Receiver )
Asynchronous will fire after action take place which means the data after commit inside database .
Class of SharePoint Event Receiver
- Base class: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPEventReceiverBase.
- Base class for List Item: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPItemEventReceiver
- Base class for Email: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPEmailEventReceiver
Event Receiver Base Classes